Our friend John Warrillow, uber-entrepreneur and author of Built to Sell, once described our book as “The Energizer Bunny of Business Books.” True to form, Brand: It Ain’t the Logo* (*It’s what people think of you) continues to sell well – now four years after its release.
This month it landed the #5 spot on the Globe and Mail’s monthly list of business bestsellers, derived from sales at Books for Business. We are very pleased indeed to be in the company of authors such as Jim Collins (of Good to Great fame) and Ken Blanchard, whose classic One Minute Manager is still a top-seller, released TWENTY-NINE YEARS AGO.
*Encouraged by the book’s apparent ongoing relevance, Ted Matthews and I are now in the process of updating it – for fresh release this Christmas.*
Here’s the full Globe list for the week of October 9, 2011:
- Great by Choice: Uncertainty, Chaos, and Luck—Why Some Thrive Despite Them All, Jim Collins & Morten T. Hansen, HarperBusiness, $33.99.
- The One Minute Manager, Ken Blanchard & Spencer Johnson, William Morrow & Company, $24.99.
- Competencies for Training and Development Professionals, Canadian Society for Training and Development, CSTD Press, $29.99.
- Innovative Intelligence: The Art and Practice of Leading Sustainable Innovation in Your Organization, David S. Weiss & Claude Legrand, John Wiley & Sons, $39.95.
- Brand: It Ain’t the Logo* (*It’s what people think of you), Ted Matthews with Greg de Koker and Andris Pone, Instinct Brand Equity Coaches Inc., $25.00.
- The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement, Eliyahu M Goldratt & Jeff Cox, North River Press, $28.95.
- The New Rational Manager, Charles Higgins Kepner & Benjamin B. Tregoe, Princeton Research Press, $29.50.
- As One: Individual Action, Collective Power, Mehrdad Baghai et al, Portfolio, $50.00.
- Innovation to the Core: A Blueprint for Transforming the Way Your Company Innovates, Peter Skarzynski & Rowan Gibson, Harvard Business School Press, $35.00.
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us, Daniel H. Pink, Riverhead Books, $33.50.